We have put together a list of discussion and reflection questions based on our book If: Ball, Then: Catch. We hope these might inspire further thinking about the concepts introduced in the story!
- What personality traits do you see in Dot? Are any of them traits you see in yourself?
- What is an example in your life where you made a mistake and then learned from it?
- When is the last time you worked really hard to earn a reward?
- In what ways is Sparky like a real dog? In what ways is he different?
- Would you prefer a robot dog or a real dog?
- In what other situations might it be useful to have a robot dog for a pet?
- What kinds of upgrades can you imagine for Sparky?
- What do you think would be different if Sparky was a robot cat? Or a robot bird?
- How do computers and programming impact your life?
- How do robots impact your life?
This activity is inspired by the book If: Ball, Then: Catch, available here!